ob Title: Programme Manager - Ministry of Defence (REF18105)
Contract Length: 03/10/2016 to 28/02/2017
Minimum Security Clearance Level Required: DV
One B2 level Programme Manager (PgM) is urgently required to manage an ISS-DPS programme through the MSP lifecycle from Identifying a programme to Closing a programme. The PgM must be able to demonstrate a successful record and experience of supporting the delivery of programme outcomes and project outputs, ideally with experience within a Cloud hosting environment and of working within an AS domain.
The role will require the PgM to have strong problem solving skills and the ability and agility to quickly adapt to changing priorities. The programme will encompass a number of projects, a wide variety of tasks and involve a large stakeholder community. The PgM will be required to support the management of available resources and knowledge in an uncertain environment. The PgM will deliver professional programme management assistance to the programme lead which conforms to the policy, governance and guidance issued by the ISS Programme Management Office(PMO).
Key responsibities include;
- Managing the production and maintenance of programme artifacts including the programme brief, blueprint and management plans.
- Managing the production and maintenance of programme schedules and plans
- Managing programme level risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, and addressing escalations from projects.
- Managing financial aspects of the programme
- Managing the governance of the programme including chairing meetings, delivering briefs and producing Management Information.
- Management of engagement with the Stakeholder community.
The PgM should show: strong evidence of practical experience of MOD Approvals and Scrutiny processes; have experience of working within Category A-C projects; an awareness of MOD Acquisition; and awareness of Cabinet Office and HM Treasury Approvals & Scrutiny processes.
Programme and Project Management qualifications are desirable, such as MSP, APMP, PRINCE 2 or equivalent.
A current DV clearance level with no expected limitations on obtaining STRAP clearance is essential.
IMPORTANT: For jobs based in
the UK it is unlawful to employ a person who does not have
permission to live and work in the UK. Please ensure you
have this permission before applying, unless the advert